This episode is part 5 in the Zero to Framework (building Alchemist Camp) series:
- Part 1 Making a site with just the Cowboy web server
- Part 2: Deploying with Nanobox (which no longer exists 😢)
- Part 3: Building a router and handling static assets
- Part 4: A minimal Plug.Conn clone to handle 404s
- Part 5: this page
- Part 6: Putting an OTP app in our OTP app (pro)
- Part 7: Creating controllers for an Elixir web server
- Part 8: Creating a DSL for our router
We add the ability to dynamically render and serve up EEx template files, without requiring a restart of the web server. In the process of building this, it was convenient to flesh out our minimal clone of Plug.Conn a little bit.
Note, there is a bug in the Cowboy routes seen in this video! See the first 90 seconds of this update.